October 7-10, 2021
Still Waters Lakefront Resort @Table Rock Lake
Frequently asked questions
Can I bring a significant other and/or kids?
The camp is family friendly, and we encourage you to bring your family! You may purchase a companion package that includes meals, resort activities, and other camp activities. However, to attend the instruction sessions they must be registered in the Ozark Music Camppe.
Can I bring pets?
In general, only service animals are allowed in accordance with Still Waters Lakefront Resort policy.
Is the camp taking precautions against COVID 19?
Yes! We take the COVID 19 virus very seriously.
Some of the safety steps we will have in place include:
Outdoor pavillion and indoor instruction areas will be set up to allow for social distancing.
Hand sanitization stations will be available in all instruction areas.
Extra attention to sanitization will be conducted throughout the camp.
Additional precautions will be announced if necessary.
Do I get my money back if the camp is cancelled due to COVID 19?
Yes, you will receive a full refund if the camp is cancelled.
I have dietary restrictions and food allergies – will there be something available for me?
Yes, we will accommodate your dietary needs so long as you provide us with advance notice.
Where is Still Waters Lakefront Resort?
Still Waters Lakefront Resort is located on Indian Point at Table Rock Lake. The resort is conveniently located just 3 miles south of Silver Dollar City (free shuttle) and minutes from the Branson entertainment district.
What skills do I need to attend the Ozark Music Camp?
The Ozark Music Camp is dedicated to creating a fun learning experience for all levels of players.
Beginner/novice players will be treated to a relaxed, informative weekend with opportunities to learn the basics and improve on current skills. Special attention will be given to making your experience a valuable step in your musical journey. Our instructors all started where you are, and they know how to put you at ease and make learning fun. Evening slow jams around the campfire will be amazing!
Intermediate and advanced players will have the opportunity to drill down on their skills with some of the top instructors in bluegrass. An invaluable opportunity to spend the weekend honing your chops and jamming with top shelf players!
Beginner/Novice Players should be able to:
- Tune your instrument with a tuner.
- Know the names of the strings on your instrument.
- Be able to strum along to slow jams in the keys of G, C, D and A.
- Ability to read tab/notation is not necessary at this point but might be helpful.
- If you are a novice or beginner, we will try to pair you with an Ozark Music Camp Ambassador who will show you the ropes and help you feel comfortable in jams and classes.
Intermediate Players should be able to:
- Tune your instrument quickly.
- Be proficient with pick grip and pick direction.
- Be able to play with some fluency in all major keys.
- Be able to play simple melodies by ear.
- Recognize chord changes.
- Have the ability to play basic improvisations.
- Have a working knowledge of most common bluegrass jam tunes.
What happens if I need to cancel my attendance at the Ozark Music Camp?
We certainly understand that sometimes people need to revise their plans. There is a 25% cancellation fee to help cover our hard costs that we will incur on your bahalf.